During the ordering process, there are times where an ordered product is backordered or no longer available, meaning that the department manager or director in charge of ordering must return to the beginning of the process and begin researching for an acceptable substitute. This process can be repeated multiple times and has an immense time and therefore financial, cost.
Working alone, the department manager or director must research alternatives within the budget from a wide array of manufacturers, comparing the different options and all their features. Even after selecting an alternative, there are steps that must be taken before and after the order is made.
- Manufacturer contacted to ensure the product is available and suits the facility’s needs. Any special pricing needs to be negotiated.
- Order double checked for accuracy.
- Order price checked for the best value.
- Warehousing and delivery arranged with a third party.
In the situation of a part or product being backordered or unavailable, instead of returning to square one, distributor representatives can provide assistance in choosing a suitable substitute for the original desired equipment. This is due to their understanding of the wide array of alternative equipment items available from a variety of high quality manufacturers.
Distributor account managers can also assist with double checking your order, price negotiating and checking, and arranging warehousing and delivery.
Choosing a distributor recommended substitution ensures that your substitute equipment will have been evaluated with respect to:
- Budget. Substitutes will be recommended within your budget.
- Feasibility. Only guaranteed available substitutes will be recommended.
- Features. Substitutes will be recommended with similar features.
Working with your distributor representative is the best way to save time and money on a process that is frustrating to have to complete a second time. Don’t allow your research to go to waste. Let our distributor account managers help you choose the best alternative product for your facility’s needs.
Our account managers can provide detailed information and recommend substitutes for a wide variety of products, including:
- Exam room and waiting room furniture
- Cabinets, shelving, and other storage furniture
- Breakroom appliances
- Surgical instruments and tables
- Ergonomic furniture and equipment
- Audio-visual equipment
- Janitorial equipment
- Specialized lighting
- MRI equipment
- Physical therapy equipment
- Information technology equipment
At CME, we are committed to saving you time, money, and removing the hassle involved with purchasing new equipment. Our representatives will offer you the best alternative distributor-recommended substitutions. The equipment we distribute is always of the highest quality from reputable manufacturers.