With years of being an industry leader in point-of-care products, Howard Medical is known for its mobile solutions that have flexible and durable designs tailored to fit multiple and varying work flows.
Howard is working closely with several of the most elite health systems in the country to solve a variety of clinical, IT, and biomed needs. We strongly suggest that Nursing, IT, and Biomedical departments be involved in decisions when selecting which WOW is best for the facility. The feedback from these relationships helps our ongoing research and engineering efforts stay ahead of the ever-changing IT healthcare industry.
Howard continues to develop industry-leading unique ergonomic features highlighted below that will help customers select the Workstation on Wheels (WOWs) that best meet your hospital’s needs. Howard has a wide variety of cart solutions that fit most needs in a healthcare setting.
- Howard’s Unique On-Demand Steer Assist Technology solves the steering issue related to mobile carts and allows end users to effortlessly navigate turns around corners and through doorways. This combats work-related injuries and eliminates unnecessary user fatigue.
- Howard’s Exclusive Comfort Grip Steering Handles allows end-users the option of applying different muscle memories while pushing the carts with four adjustable positions which offer increased cart control. This changes the way a cart is maneuvered in healthcare today.
- Howard’s Standard 5” Dual Wheel Precision Ball Bearing make all the difference when moving carts over thresholds within the hospital. These castors reduce the amount of exertion the end-user would require to initiate movement with approximately 2 pounds of push/pull force.
- Howard’s Full-Grip Wrap-Around Handle provides a good grip on the cart regardless of the cart’s orientation. We call this the “Grab and Go” feature that customers love.
- One-Touch Independent Height Monitor allows for OSHA-recommended 15-20° viewing angle from center screen to the clinician’s height.
- One-Touch Height Adjustment for the Work Surface accommodates 98 percent of the population offering clinicians a full sit-stand range of motion.
- Howard Offers the Shortest Distance Between the Keyboard Tray which reduces unnecessary arm movement between the keyboard and mouse.
- Howard’s Centralized Control Panel strategically positions all cart controls directly in front of the end-user. This increases the use of the ergonomically advanced features by having them in a centralized location. Its intuitive design includes universal recognizable symbols.
- Howard’s Staple Rubberized Footrests is a customer favorite. This feature provides opportunity for resting while standing and reduces strain/fatigue on legs and lower back, which will assist with increasing blood flow in the lower extremities.
Howard is an expert for documentation carts as well as medication dispensing carts. They have hundreds of configurations to fit each workflow. Howard is proud to say their carts are designed and built in their manufacturing plant located in Ellisville, MS.
CME is proud to partner with Howard Medical and provide their products to our customers. Call 800-338-2372 for more information.
With two corporate offices and 35+ service centers, our mission is to help healthcare facilities nationwide reduce the cost of the equipment they purchase, make their equipment specification, delivery, installation, and maintenance processes more efficient, and help them seamlessly launch, renovate and expand on schedule.