Opening a new hospital requires years of planning. Everything from what equipment to purchase, to how the work flows, to computer integration, are all challenges that need to be considered. The list goes on and on. This list has gotten more complicated since the ACA (Affordable Care Act) was enacted. Not only do you have to select the right product technically, you have to take into account how this equipment will impact patient satisfaction, patient outcomes, and the bottom line.
Once the equipment is purchased, the delivery and installation plan kicks in. Many times, this last phase is left to a small group of facilities or project management people. If this part of the process is not done well, it can cost the hospital a lot of unbudgeted dollars and worse yet, the facility might not open on time. That is where Claflin Medical Equipment (CME) comes in. CME becomes an extension of your facility or project management team. Here is an example of a recent project CME managed.
The following were the specifications of the project:
- 120,000 sq. ft. of space
- 2 operating rooms
- 20 bed post anesthesia care unit
- Diagnostic radiology
- 18 infusion therapy stations
- 29 exam rooms
The following were our goals:
- Fully outfit the hospital in 2 weeks
- Inspections by state departments to be completed
- Transform this shell into a comforting and safe place for patients and where employees could excel
- Make sure the hospital opens on time
- The hospital directors were concerned with the time constraints, which is familiar territory for CME. We were mindful to absorb the stress that comes along with meeting a two week equipment delivery window. With our help, millions of dollars worth of equipment was successfully installed so the facility could open on time.
- The Department of Health was able to perform its inspection and the new hospital shouted relief.
- It was complete and opened on time.
For this project this particular hospital was able to utilize most of our Direct-to-Site services.
- Warehousing of equipment
- Assembly and staging
- Delivery direct to the rooms with proper placement
- Biomedical inspection of the equipment
- Installation of items to the wall
- Equipment training when necessary
- Wire management of internet technology equipment
Being able to meet and exceed time and budget constraints is beyond belief for many facilities. This client was able to fully experience our broad range of services. In fact, the manager of this project stated that, "It is without hesitation that I say that your team executed their respective responsibilities with hardly a bump in the road."
Choosing CME as your comprehensive medical equipment partner allows you to plan the project with one point of contact and enjoy the fluidity that comes along with that.
The future of the patients of this medical center is brighter because this large installation was successful. The measure of success comes through availability of quality equipment leading to improved outcomes, and enhanced patient satisfaction at an economical cost. This hospital can continue to grow and flourish with the confidence that all three of these measures were achieved.
To find out how we can help your facility achieve your goals contact us on our website or call us at 800-338-2372. We will be happy to help.
With two corporate offices and 35+ service centers, our mission is is to help healthcare facilities nationwide reduce the cost of the equipment they purchase, make their equipment specification, delivery, installation, and maintenance processes more efficient, and help them seamlessly launch, renovate and expand on schedule.