Seems everything is getting smaller these days. Parking spaces. Airline seating… Medical facilities.
With extended hours of operation, no appointment needed, and convenient locations, small retail clinics invite people with minor medical issues, like a pesky rash, to skip the perceived hassle of making an appointment with a physician and come to them.
Nestled near the pharmacy of their retail host, retail clinics measure between 200 and 500 square feet. These compact clinics are welcoming and strike a balance between a retail vibe and a hospital vibe. Commonly retail clinics offer one or two exam rooms and a reception desk.
Improving Workflow with Space Saving Medical Equipment
In this environment, thoughtfully chosen space saving medical equipment is essential to build efficient clinical workflows and streamline patient traffic flow. Here’s how:
- Maximize Limited Space: Power exam tables with a built-in scale free up floor space needed for efficient traffic patterns.
- Streamline Patient Movement: Under the counter pharmacy refrigerators keep cold loving medications and supplies easily accessible but out of the flow of traffic.
- Promote Staff Mobility: Mobile medical carts with drawers, phlebotomy carts for example, bring necessary supplies to the exam room, minimizing the need for space hogging cabinets.
- Easy Accessibility: Wall mounted diagnostic systems organize physical exam essentials, otoscopes, ophthalmoscopes, and blood pressure cuffs, within an arm’s length of the healthcare provider.
- Versatility All-in-One workstations that combine multiple functions into one place. For example, an all-in-one workstation may include a computer, monitor, keyboard, and vital signs devices.
Other Examples of Space-Saving Medical Equipment
Folding phlebotomy chairs are great for compact spaces. They can be folded and stored out of the way when not in use.
Portable diagnostic devices such as handheld ultrasound machines or portable ECG monitors.
Modular medical cabinets for flexible and customizable storage of supplies and instruments.
Smaller footprint laboratory equipment such as compact centrifuges. This equipment is designed to occupy less space while still offering the necessary functionality.
The common goal of space-saving medical equipment is to make the best use of smaller spaces without compromising quality medical care with inefficient clinical workflows or obstructed physical traffic flow.
CME is the Trusted Source for Medical Equipment
As the trusted source for a large retail clinic, CME knows a thing or two about outfitting a retail clinic with space saving medical equipment. Our experts will work closely with your planners to select the most versatile space saving medical equipment for your retail clinic. We will also work with manufacturers to customize medical equipment to your needs.
CME’s one-of-a-kind, turnkey delivery and logistics services are second to none.
- We will manage your individual orders, consolidating them into one streamlined purchase order.
- Receive and inspect the equipment at one of our warehouses closest to the retail facility. If our inspection identifies damage, we will resolve the issue with the manufacturer and/or the shipping company.
- Deliver and install the medical equipment directly to the retail clinic, mindful of minimizing the impact on the customer experience of the retail host’s customers.
- Biomedical contracts are available to ensure that space-saving medical equipment receives annual preventative maintenance or timely repair when needed.
Click the CHAT button to speak with a CME expert and get started curating a list of space saving essentials for your retail clinic.
About CME: CME Corp is the nation’s premier source for healthcare equipment, turnkey logistics, and biomedical services, representing 2 million+ products from more than 2,000 manufacturers. With two corporate offices and 35+ service centers, our mission is to help healthcare facilities nationwide reduce the cost of the equipment they purchase, make their equipment specification, delivery, installation, and maintenance processes more efficient, and help them seamlessly launch, renovate and expand on schedule.