The challenges faced by today’s healthcare providers are demanding and vast. Within this mix are the problems faced when using regular, outdated wheelchairs.
When using regular wheelchairs, both the Pusher/Caregiver and Patient face six common issues:
- Executing Safe Transfers – Regular wheelchairs are tippy by design; therefore, they do not provide a stable platform from which the patient can be safely transferred. Also, the brakes often either fail or are incorrectly deployed, causing the chair to move away and the patient to feel stressed - or even worse, get injured.
- Difficulty Pushing – Standard wheelchairs are not easy to push. They are balanced to be “back heavy,” giving the pusher extra strain to maintain stability and consistency of push. Stopping the chair safely and smoothly is often challenging, and if it's not done with ease, it can cause the patient to feel unsafe.
- Weight Capacity – Regular wheelchairs have limited weight capacities.
- Stolen Wheelchairs – Unfortunately, regular wheelchairs tend to be stolen easily, which is the last thing any hospital or medical facility deserves or would like to deal with.
- Missing Parts and Repairs – Standard wheelchairs can break easily requiring constant repairs, and their parts often go missing.
- Ownership and Maintenance – Regular wheelchairs are expensive to own considering they always need to be maintained or replaced.
A real alternative to this constant circle of purchase, problems, and replacements is the Staxi Transport Chair.
Staxi® offers the very best choice in safe patient handling, attendant support, and flexibility. Our 600lb, 800lb, and 1,000lb weight capacity chairs are designed to meet your needs and those of your patients and attendants. Staxi® chairs are highly adaptive and come with a wide range of quality accessories and stands to best serve your needs.
From elevating leg rests to IV poles and coin lock mechanisms to facility-branded nameplates, Staxi® delivers an innovative range of products to secure your investment. Other accessories include oxygen bottle holders, seat belts, safety shields, security poles, security gates and more.
Each element of Staxi’s unique design was carefully crafted to solve problems common to traditional wheelchairs:
- Staxi’s never-fail automatic parking brake protects against the most common cause of patient falls during chair entry and exit.
- The rigid metal frames provide years and years of service. It is common to find Staxi chairs in excellent condition after a decade or more in operation. The rigid frames also guard against theft and nest for tidy and space-saving storage.
- Staxi chairs optimally position occupant weight so it is easier to move. Built to sustain one-hand operation, the circumferential turning adds ease and maneuverability.
- Staxi transport chairs are the most reliable chairs on the market. With no removable parts, you will never be faced with a chair that is missing a footrest or armrest.
- The clean, uncluttered lines make it a breeze to clean and disinfect. In addition, all Staxi paint and plastic surfaces are protected for life by a silver-based antimicrobial (Alphasan®).
- Staxi is the first transport chair to offer side-entry that eliminates the footrest as a potential trip hazard.
Staxi is a noted fixture in hospitals and medical offices in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, and they currently serve more than 50% of US Veteran's hospitals and medical centers. After 20 years and counting of reinforcing safe patient handling, Staxi defines the mark of quality in patient care; they strive to pursue quality in all that they do because those sitting in Staxi Transport Chairs deserve nothing less.
CME Corp is proud to partner with Staxi and provide their accessible products to our customers. Our Direct to Site coordinators are happy to deliver and install your Staxi wheelchairs and corrals, allowing for a fully turnkey experience. Contact your local Account Manager for a quote or visit our website to learn more. Staxi Everyone forward!
With two corporate offices and 35+ service centers, our mission is to help healthcare facilities nationwide reduce the cost of the equipment they purchase, make their equipment specification, delivery, installation, and maintenance processes more efficient, and help them seamlessly launch, renovate and expand on schedule.
About Staxi®: staxi® is the best selling nestable transport chair worldwide. staxi® is the strongest design, hardest to steal, and the safest to use.
Developed in 1985, staxi® is a revolutionary, clinically developed patient transportation system and is the leading wheelchair alternative. staxi® instantly replaces 90% of wheelchairs, and it is backed with a three year unlimited parts warranty for medical chairs and a one year unlimited parts warranty for commercial chairs.