Everyone has heard how dirty our cellphones are, right? They are seven times dirtier than a toilet seat and, on average, a person touches their phone 2,600 times a day. When working in a healthcare setting, this becomes particularly problematic since healthcare workers also touch other small devices such as keyboards, tablets, stethoscopes, and badges all day long.
Having a robust Hand Hygiene Program helps curb the spread of disease, but healthcare workers continue to touch these potentially infected items multiple times a day. Stopping the spread of C-diff has always been a challenge in a healthcare setting, but now we also must contend with COVID-19. It becomes even more important to take the necessary extra steps to augment your hand hygiene program, beyond simply handwashing.
UVC disinfection is now the gold standard for killing viruses that include C diff and COVID-19. Mobile UVC units clean OR surfaces between procedures, and UVC technology is also used in many air purification systems employed in healthcare facilities. Hospitals are also starting to adopt UVC to disinfect those small handheld devices that are germ-ridden. Enter Vioguard’s Cubby+, a cost-effective solution that has proven efficacy in sanitizing these tricky handheld devices.
Why Choose Vioguard?
1. It works
- Kills up to 99.9% of germs, bacteria, and viruses at the molecular level. Includes the most difficult to kill pathogens like COVID-19, MRSA, E. coli, C diff, S. aureus and more.
- The Cubby+ emits 110,000uW/cm2 of UV energy, five times the amount needed as indicated in a Boston University study against COVID-19.
- Patented dosimeter technology imbedded into the software measures the amount of UVC energy in each cycle to ensure compliance.
- Third party compliance testing including a partnership study with a VA hospital.
- Disinfects small handheld items like cell phones, tablets, keyboards, mice, stethoscopes, and badges without damaging the electronics.
- Medical-grade construction makes it a durable choice.
2. It is fast and easy to use
- Disinfecting cycles are 60 seconds.
- Simply place your items on the transparent shelf, close, and let the unit do the work.
- The unit lets you know when the cycle is complete and ready for the next user.
3. It is convenient
- The unit can be appropriately placed in a hospital department or clinic for 24/7/365 use.
- It measures 21 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 4 inches high, taking up minimal counterspace.
- The unit can hold up to 50 pounds of handheld items at one time.
Vioguard is a valued manufacturer partner of CME Corp. For more information on Vioguard or any UVC technology, call your local CME account manager, contact CME Corp at (800) 338-2372, or visit our website.
About CME: CME Corp is the nation’s premier source for healthcare equipment, turnkey logistics, and biomedical services, representing 2 million+ products from more than 2,000 manufacturers.
With two corporate offices and 35+ service centers, our mission is to help healthcare facilities nationwide reduce the cost of the equipment they purchase, make their equipment specification, delivery, installation, and maintenance processes more efficient, and help them seamlessly launch, renovate and expand on schedule.
About Vioguard: Established in 2008 by technology professionals interested in combating Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs), Vioguard is passionately committed to developing products and solutions designed to enhance the effectiveness of infection control strategies without compromising productivity or accuracy.
By working with industry professionals, its mission is to save lives, reduce sickness, and stop the spread of deadly pathogens by developing products for infection prevention. To learn more, visit their website.