Privacy curtains are one of the top, high-risk touchpoints in “patient zones” within medical facilities. Healthcare associated infections (HAIs) already pose great risks to patients, and if you couple that with the risk of COVID-19, it is critical to ensure your privacy curtain exchanges are within protocol and in compliance with governing standards.
Since patients, their visitors, and their medical practitioners regularly interact with privacy curtains, studies have shown that they are often contaminated after just two weeks of being installed. To ensure patient and staff safety, it is imperative that exchange protocols can easily be monitored and validated.
Managing curtain exchanges is an overwhelming task for Environmental Services (EVS) departments. Most EVS Directors list the following five concerns:
- Lack of standardized curtain sizes & limited back-up inventory
- Curtain exchanges require tall ladders which can certainly be time-consuming, since certain personnel are qualified to use 8’ ladders. This can take up to 45 minutes to change a patient’s room from start to finish.
- Having to manually document exchanges in the curtain logs
- Manually writing the expiration date on curtain labels
- Inventory logistics and cost; 10% of all textile curtains get lost or damaged (ragged out) in the laundering process, requiring replacements.
CME Corp is excited to partner with KleenEdge as they provide a unique “smart curtain” solution. All KleenEdge curtains come with NFC tags heat-sealed under the label, providing a quick and easy way to implement curtain management protocol.
The KleenEdge Software helps to simplify operations as well. Switching to recyclable curtains can sharply reduce a facilities’ curtain acquisition and inventory cost.
The KleenEdge protocol ensures real-time data on one of the top high-risk touchpoints in the Patient Zone as well as providing two distinct “no ladder” privacy curtain solutions. Benefits include:
- Up to 90% reduction in the curtain’s install time
- The 100% recyclable curtains eliminate laundering.
- You’ll receive email alerts on overdue and upcoming exchanges.
- There is an enhanced supply chain management based on real-time stock requirement data.
- The easy-to-use dashboard analytics provide data that can be used for staff and leadership reporting
- COVID-19 curtain exchange reports can be submitted to insurance carrier for reimbursement.
Please contact us today for a cost savings analysis or any further information about this innovative privacy curtain solution!
About CME: CME Corp is the nation’s premier source for healthcare equipment, turnkey logistics, and biomedical services, representing 2 million+ products from more than 2,000 manufacturers. With two corporate offices and 35+ service centers, our mission is is to help healthcare facilities nationwide reduce the cost of the equipment they purchase, make their equipment specification, delivery, installation, and maintenance processes more efficient, and help them seamlessly launch, renovate and expand on schedule.
We are proud to work with KleenEdge, one of our strategic vendors, to help our end-user customers with this very important issue. For more information go to cmecorp.com or call 800-338-2372.